The « Pet Travel Scheme » is the current legislation regarding dogs, cats and ferrets entering British territory.
To be able to enter the United Kingdom travelling from France, your animal must :
1) Be identified with a micro-chip (or a legible tattoo if your animal was tattooed before 07/03/2011),
2) Be correctly vaccinated against rabies (vaccinated above the age of 12 weeks, after being micro-chiped and minimum 21 days before departure),
3) Possess a pet European passport delivered by a veterinarian,
4) Travel with a certified transportation agency : it is not allowed to transport your pet with a personal plane or sail-boat.
Additional restrictions concerning dogs :
1) Dogs will have to be wormed against taenias by a veterinarian between 24 and 120 hours before entering the United Kingdom,
2) The following breeds, or any related cross-bred dog, are not allowed in the United Kingdom :
- Japanese Tosa,
- Dogo Argentino,
- Fila Brasileiro.
If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Lanvallay Veterinarian Clinic at +322.214.171.124.16.
You can also visit the following websites :